For this week’s lesson, let’s talk about work and working. I promise I’ll make it interesting.
(Obviously, I won’t ask all these questions if you aren’t currently working, so don’t worry.)
1. When you were younger, what kind of job did you dream of doing? Why?
2. Tell me about your current job. Why did you choose to work there? How long have you been working there? How long would you like to work there?
3. What are some of the things you like about your job? How about some of the things you dislike?
4. If you could receive your current salary doing any kind of job, what would you like to do?
5. What kind of job wouldn’t you like to do?
6. Would you ever like to start your own business? Why or why not? If yes, what kind?
7. Would you like to work abroad? Why or why not? Where?
8. Have you ever had a part time job? Tell me about it. What did you like/dislike about it?
9. What would you like to do after you retire? Do you still want to work? Where would you like to live?
10. What kind of job would you like your current/ future spouse to have? Should wives work?
11. Would you take a new job that payed twice as much, if the the job was much less enjoyable?
12. Have you ever taken a sick day at work, even when you were not sick?
13. Do you spend time with your co-workers after work?
14. Do you like your boss? Your co-workers?
15. How long does it take to get to your job? What do you do durning your commute?
When I was young, I dreamed of being an archeologist (考古学者). Can you imagine why? Because Indian Jones was so popular at the time, and I thought that was what an archeologist did!