This week’s theme is “Superstitions”, which is 迷信 in Japanese.
I’ll be asking questions from this list this week, so be prepared!
If you want, why not try to make a list of some common Japanese superstitions, explain where they come from and why people believe in them?
1. Are you a superstitious person?
2. Do you believe in ghosts?
3. Have you ever seen a ghost?
4. Has any of your friends or family seen a ghost?
5. Have you ever woke up in the morning and felt like you were paralyzed(can’t move)? Do you think it was a ghost? (かなしばり in Japanese)
6. Do you believe in aliens(宇宙人）?
7. Have you ever been to a fortune teller(占い師)? Can you read palms(手相)?
8. Do you believe in horoscopes(星座占い）?
9. Do you carry a lucky charm（お守り）?
10. Do you believe in karma*（カルマ） or past lives（前世）?
11. Do you believe that we can tell a person’s personality by their blood type（血液型）?
12. Do you think you could walk through a graveyard（墓地） at night?
13. Do you like haunted houses（お化け屋敷）?
14. What lucky things have happened to you lately?
15. Can you swim during obon?